Welcome to the JeepSpecs.com in-depth page on WJ Generation Jeep Grand Cherokee powertrain limited warranty information. We have organized as much information as we could find into a helpful article below. Is something incorrect or missing? Please get in touch with us and we’ll fix it!
7 Year 100,000 Mile Powertrain Warranty (Nov. 1, 2001 – July 8, 2002)
- Applies to 2001-2002 models placed into service on or after November 1, 2001.
- Coverage for 7 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first
- This warranty is not transferable
- Discontinued on July 8th, 2002 and replaced by the 7 Year 70,000 Mile Warranty
7 Year 70,000 Mile Powertrain Warranty (On or after July 9, 2002)
- Applies to 2003-2004 models placed into service on or after July 9, 2002**
- Coverage for 7 years or 70,000 miles, whichever comes first
- Comprehensive coverage of the engine, transmission and transaxle*
- This Limited Warranty stays with the vehicle, which means that it is automatically assumed by subsequent owners without charge (vehicles built from July 9, 2002 until Sep. 30, 2003).NOTE: Starting with vehicles built on or after October 1, 2003 there is a $150 transfer fee and the warranty is ONLY transferable to the second owner. The warranty for the third and subsequent owners is the standard 3yr/36mo. The second owner MUST transfer the warranty within 30 days to be valid.
- $100 deductible is applied per repair visit on covered repairs after the 3/36 Basic Limited Warranty has expired
- 24-Hour Towing Assistance to the nearest dealership for covered component failure during Limited Warranty coverage. Towing service can be arranged by calling (800)521-2779.
- Both the 3-Year/36,000-Mile Basic Limited Warranty coverage and the 7-Year/70,000-Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty begin at the time the vehicle is sold. As always, repairs are made under the Basic Limited Warranty until it expires.
WJ warranty books in PDF format
2004 Grand Cherokee (built up to 9/30/03)
2004 Grand Cherokee (built on or after 10/01/03)