Mopar has a fully integrated, OEM tested remote start system that allows you to start your vehicle from as far away as 300 feet with just the push of a button. Imagine starting and warming your vehicle from your place of work or home on cold winter days, or cooling the same vehicle on hot summer days. Mopar`s Remote Start system is designed to work with your Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram or Fiat vehicle and interface seamlessly with your vehicle`s electronic, security key. Must have Sentry Key Theft Deterrent System (Sales Code GXX)
Dealer Scan Tool required for activation. Remote Start (XBM) can ONLY be installed on vehicles that have the following factory options: Automatic Transmission and Remote Keyless Entry.
Remote start system
The Remote Starting System allows the vehicle to be started up to 300 feet (91 meters) away from the vehicle using the remote keyless entry key fob which is part of your ignition key. In order to remote start your vehicle, the hood, liftgate, and all of the doors must be closed. To remotely start your vehicle, press the “Remote Start” button twice within 5 seconds. To indicate that the vehicle is about to start, the parking lights will flash and the horn will sound briefly. Once the vehicle has started, the engine will run for 15 minutes. To cancel remote start, press the “Remote Start” button once. To enter the vehicle while the engine is running during a remote start, you must first unlock the vehicle using the “Unlock” button on the key fob. After the vehicle is unlocked, you have 60 seconds to enter the vehicle, insert the key into the ignition, and move it to the RUN position. Otherwise, the engine will cancel remote start and automatically turn off.
Remote start will also cancel if any of the following occur:
– If the engine stalls or RPM exceeds 2500.
– Any engine warning lamps come on.
– The hood is opened.
– The hazard switch is pressed.
– The transmission is moved out of P (Park).
– The brake pedal is pressed.
– The vehicle can be started remotely up to a maximum of two times. The vehicle is also allowed a maximum of one failed start. This can occur when the remote start sequence was initiated but cancelled before the engine begins to crank or the engine stopped cranking without starting. After either of these conditions, or if the Vehicle Theft
In order to operate remote start, the following conditions must be met:
– Key fob sequence must be operated within a 100 meter range of the vehicle.
– The vehicle must be in Park.
– Key is not in the ignition.
– The hazard switch off.
– Vehicle Theft Alarm or Panic is not alarming.
– Doors and hood must be closed.
– The battery voltage is normal (11 to 15 volts).
Mopar remote start kits
Note: Dealer Scan Tool required for activation. Remote Start (XBM) can ONLY be installed on vehicles that have the following factory options: Automatic Transmission and Remote Keyless Entry.
1. Remote start kit – (2012 models)Complete Kit, same as production
2. Remote start kit – (2013 models, including SRT)Complete Kit, same as production
Part number: 82213673
List price: $269.00
3. Remote start kit – (2014 models, including SRT)Complete Kit, same as production, for vehicles built before 7/15/2013. Must have Keyless (GXM), Immobilizer (GXX), Keyless Go (GX4) and Proximity Keyless (GXD)